53 replies to this topic

#41 Dracul

Dracul

The Gobbler

• SDC Member++++
  • 4,251 posts
  • Jagex Name:CaiusDominus

Posted 15 September 2011 - 01:12 AM

Well FR is new so...they couldn't have done too much..
Retired RS Racketeer & Clansman

-: Veritas Et Honorum :-

#42 Eggs

Eggs

Invincible Mech

• SDC Member++++
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 01:45 AM

Ren, we need ya!

#43 Pliigi

Pliigi

• 7,128 posts
  • Staff Position:Writer, Research Team Coordinator

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:50 AM

FR is trading? O.o o.O whats their symbol?

I think you misunderstood. He probably didn't mean by that that they're on the stock market.

So......exactly what have they done this whole time?

There's really no way to know that until they decide to release more information.

Posted Image

#44 Eggs

Eggs

Invincible Mech

• SDC Member++++
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:08 PM

FR is trading? O.o o.O whats their symbol?

I think you misunderstood. He probably didn't mean by that that they're on the stock market.

What else could he have intended, though?

#45 Dracul

Dracul

The Gobbler

• SDC Member++++
  • 4,251 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:56 PM

meh, my statement was probably the result of.....lost in translation deal. In america...Trading refers to the stock market or commodities.......but in britain it could mean simply that their "open for business" or that they've been doing business.

#46 Pliigi

Pliigi

• 7,128 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:16 AM

Fen Research is now on Twitter.

Posted Image

#47 Alex

Alex

What I'd like to be

• SDC Member++++
  • 6,457 posts
  • Staff Position:Retired writing team co-ordinator
  • Jagex Name:Xel

Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:58 AM

@Dracul: Exactly right, I'd say I'm trading if I was selling ice creams from a van, but obviously that's not on the stock market :)
ALL THIS HARD WORK, DOWN THE DRAIN.

#48 Eggs

Eggs

Invincible Mech

• SDC Member++++
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 11:54 PM

@Dracul: Exactly right, I'd say I'm trading if I was selling ice creams from a van, but obviously that's not on the stock market :)

No one from the US would understand what you meant if you said that. Just stating the reason for the confusion.

#49 Ren

Ren

Trust, but Verify

• 8,497 posts
  • Staff Position:Chief Badger
  • Jagex Name:Me

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:21 AM

meh, my statement was probably the result of.....lost in translation deal. In america...Trading refers to the stock market or commodities.......but in britain it could mean simply that their "open for business" or that they've been doing business.

Indeed, trading in the UK refers to "the provision of goods or services to customers on a commercial basis". As such one could argue that a company only technically begins trading when it carries out such a business transaction (rather than when they are "open for business"), but the term could also refer to when they adopted Fen Research as a "trading name". In any case, as far as Companies House are concerned Fen Research Limited is a Private Limited Company.

h8BphmP.png
"They didn't care that they'd seen it work in practice
because they already knew it couldn't work in theory."

#50 Eggs

Eggs

Invincible Mech

• SDC Member++++
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:22 AM

Indeed. One could argue that a company only technically begins trading when it first provides goods or services to customers on a commercial basis, but I wouldn't be surprised if they used the term to mean "open for business" or "operating as a business". More precisely, they could have meant that it is a year since they adopted Fen Research as a "trading name" (i.e. a name which they conduct business as). In any case, as far as Companies House are concerned Fen Research Limited is a Private Limited Company.

Ren when are we getting Jagex details visit full stop

#51 Dracul

Dracul

The Gobbler

• SDC Member++++
  • 4,251 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 10:00 PM

Alrighty well thanks for all the clarification...sheesh i think you English people need to shpeek English right :P (just kidding).

PS Good Question Up There ^

#52 Pliigi

Pliigi

• 7,128 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:15 PM

Job Vacancies:

Fen research is recruiting! We currently have two vacancies:

-Software / Games Developer
-2D Graphics Artist

To apply just send your CV and cover letter to: jobs@fenresearch.com

News:

19-Sep-2011: Added a new 'Job Vacancies' section which currently has 2 jobs in it.

17-Sep-2011: Ok since Facebook seem to think I'm not me, I've set up a twitter account instead, please follow me on twitter! Hopefully once a few people follow me there I will feel a bit better. I'm also going to post my news on this website from now on, but please follow me on twitter so you get notified about updates. Thanks!

16-Sep-2011: Facebook disabled my account because they thought it was a 'fake account'. My guess is that someone reported me for impersonating myself, and rather than actually check if it was true or not they just disabled the account! They didn't even contact me. Obviously I'm a bit upset about this. I have sent them a (somewhat redacted) copy of my passport, so hopefully they will re-enable it again eventually. However it has made me realise that centring all my communication around Facebook as I was originally planning to do would be a bad idea!

3-Sep-2011: Fen Research is 1 year old today! It's hard to believe its been a year already! Work is going very well, although its becoming apparent just how ambitious what we are trying to create is. Still very confident we can pull it off though!

(Source)

Posted Image

#53 Dracul

Dracul

The Gobbler

• SDC Member++++
  • 4,251 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 07:30 PM

interesting..Facebook is a bunch of trolls and nazi's

#54 Chris

Chris

Ultra Mech

• SDC Member+++
  • 823 posts
  • Staff Position:Researcher
  • Jagex Name:ChrisJ

Posted 20 September 2011 - 10:12 PM

I hate Facebook don't get me wrong it serves a purpose but Google+ offers a better alternative and I doubt the F8 profile changes will alter my opinion on the matter. If it weren't for the userbase I'd never use it...

On topic now following their twitter, I won't be too optimistic about what they launch though.

The views below are those expressed by myself and not Stellar Dawn Central.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users