SDCP #7 - 06 August 2011

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

#21 Pliigi

Pliigi

• 7,128 posts
  • Staff Position:Writer, Research Team Coordinator

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:30 PM

Who thought this was enough and decided to roll with it a week after one was already released has been proven to have made a mistake.

No, nothing's been "proven." That's just your opinion.

I'm not mad about this now and I know there is no point on dragging it anymore but just saying'.

Then why bump this to complain, again, about how terrible it is? We get it.

Posted Image

#22 Human

Human

Fight

• SDC Member++++
  • 4,358 posts
  • Jagex Name:Human Lord

Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:42 AM

Who thought this was enough and decided to roll with it a week after one was already released has been proven to have made a mistake.

No, nothing's been "proven." That's just your opinion.

So, it's my opinion that this SDCP has little content to it? So, it's my opinion that this SDCP had plenty of time to be improved on? So, it's my opinion that this SDCP came out at the wrong time and could have been released a month later to fill the gap for a newer SDCP? So, it's my opinion that this was a pointless filler? My only opinion is that I didn't like the content. Even if I didn't like the 3 stories you could have come up with in the month, I would praise you for trying and say nothing else instead of saying "This is it? This is all you could come up with and deciced to release now WHEN TOU HAD PLENTY OF TIME!?!?" all the time on this one.

I'm not mad about this now and I know there is no point on dragging it anymore but just saying'.

Then why bump this to complain, again, about how terrible it is? We get it.

Me: Hey guys, I hope you learned something from this mistake so you would do better on newer SDCPs. I just want to be sure.
You: OMG, STOP COMPLAINING!

#23 Pliigi

Pliigi

• 7,128 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:58 AM

So, it's my opinion that this SDCP has little content to it?

Yes, it is your opinion.

So, it's my opinion that this SDCP had plenty of time to be improved on?

Why would we spend time improving this when it makes much more sense to work on the next Post? I can't really imagine what we could possibly do to improve this Post to your satisfaction.

So, it's my opinion that this SDCP came out at the wrong time and could have been released a month later to fill the gap for a newer SDCP?

Yes, that's your opinion.

So, it's my opinion that this was a pointless filler?

Yes, again, that's your opinion.

My only opinion is that I didn't like the content.

All of the things above are merely an opinion, not fact.

Even if I didn't like the 3 stories you could have come up with in the month, I would praise you for trying and say nothing else instead of saying "This is it? This is all you could come up with and deciced to release now WHEN TOU HAD PLENTY OF TIME!?!?" all the time on this one.

There's really no news for the general content staff to write about. You seem very concerned about stories being mere filler, so I'm a little surprised that you now seem eager for more stories.

Me: Hey guys, I hope you learned something from this mistake so you would do better on newer SDCPs. I just want to be sure.
You: OMG, STOP COMPLAINING!

That's not really what I said at all. I merely stated that you've already made your opinion of this Post and the people who worked on it extremely clear and you don't seem to be raising any new points beyond 'you've had enough time since this was released to write more.'

As has been said already, we value feedback on the Post and we take it into consideration, but when you say the exact same things over and over it has very little chance of affecting the next Post, beyond discouraging us from producing any content whatsoever.

Posted Image

#24 Alex

Alex

What I'd like to be

• SDC Member++++
  • 6,457 posts
  • Staff Position:Retired writing team co-ordinator
  • Jagex Name:Xel

Posted 17 September 2011 - 09:09 AM

There would probably be another story out by now, but it's clear that they're not appreciated. Filler, it has been revealed, is totally unacceptable to you, so why would we waste time producing it? There is another story that could be published, but I'm not sure if/when it'll see daylight because god knows you've made it clear that stories aren't wanted.
I mean, I'd like to point out that you're not staff, you don't see any of the behind the scenes stuff - there's more to it than "oh we'll put this out because it's done". If I'd have known there would be a month gap between posts, this would have come out later. Hitches happen.

The plan was always (in my mind) about a month between articles because there's not a lot of information and we wanted to spread it out. The B posts were something to make up the gaps so you would have something to look at, but they're clearly unwanted.

Seriously your point of contention seems to be that we can't see the future.
ALL THIS HARD WORK, DOWN THE DRAIN.

#25 Human

Human

Fight

• SDC Member++++
  • 4,358 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 09:25 AM

Well, if you think this SDCP is good enough(unfinished story+comic) then I have no hope for future SDCP fillers where I know that one of them will just be Alex's second part of the story THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN FINISHED IN THE FIRST PLACE.

There would probably be another story out by now, but it's clear that they're not appreciated. Filler, it has been revealed, is totally unacceptable to you, so why would we waste time producing it? There is another story that could be published, but I'm not sure if/when it'll see daylight because god knows you've made it clear that stories aren't wanted.
I mean, I'd like to point out that you're not staff, you don't see any of the behind the scenes stuff - there's more to it than "oh we'll put this out because it's done". If I'd have known there would be a month gap between posts, this would have come out later. Hitches happen.

The plan was always (in my mind) about a month between articles because there's not a lot of information and we wanted to spread it out. The B posts were something to make up the gaps so you would have something to look at, but they're clearly unwanted.

Seriously your point of contention seems to be that we can't see the future.

I want B posts. I never said I wanted them to stop being made, only to be improved on. I never said I want them to be perfect, just be more meaningful. I have a fun idea for an SDCP that reflects the wait and our thoughts on Stellar Dawn(which makes filler posts more meaningful instead of just stories) that would go well with an SDCP B post.

#26 Alex

Alex

What I'd like to be

• SDC Member++++
  • 6,457 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 09:32 AM

It's not unfinished, and now I'm confused if you hate this or just fillers in general.

#27 Pliigi

Pliigi

• 7,128 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 09:34 AM

unfinished story+comic

They're not unfinished.

I have no hope for future SDCP fillers

You've already made it clear that you really dislike 'filler' Posts to begin with, so that's a strange thing to say.

one of them will just be Alex's second part of the story THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN FINISHED IN THE FIRST PLACE.

It's meant to create the possibility of an ongoing story. It's not unfinished.

Posted Image

#28 Human

Human

Fight

• SDC Member++++
  • 4,358 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 09:43 AM

It's not unfinished, and now I'm confused if you hate this or just fillers in general.

I hate this in general. I just have no hope for future ones if it keeps going like this one.

unfinished story+comic

They're not unfinished.

Darth Irule told me the story was unfinished.

I have no hope for future SDCP fillers

You've already made it clear that you really dislike 'filler' Posts to begin with, so that's a strange thing to say.

NO I DON'T DISLIKE FILLER POSTS. I think the idea of filler posts is amazing and fun. I thought this was a bad one because of the wasted potential.

one of them will just be Alex's second part of the story THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN FINISHED IN THE FIRST PLACE.

It's meant to create the possibility of an ongoing story. It's not unfinished.

An ongoing story for an SDCP is bad for it because it becomes an excuse to fill future ones. In the month, it could have been finished making the SDCP have more content.

#29 Alex

Alex

What I'd like to be

• SDC Member++++
  • 6,457 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 09:56 AM

Your feedback is duly noted, thank you for contributing.

#30 Pliigi

Pliigi

• 7,128 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 09:57 AM

Thanks for the feedback.

Posted Image

#31 Darth Irule

Darth Irule

blah

• Lead Administrator
  • 11,818 posts
  • Staff Position:Moderator
  • Jagex Name:Darth Irule

Posted 17 September 2011 - 01:25 PM

Human there is absolutley no reason why you need to keep complaining. You have already stated your opinions and we put them in concideration. Just to make it more clear to you, you are really the only person who has been complaining about this post. These are your opinions not facts. If you don't like our SDCP's then that's fine, don't read them. But the majority of our users here like them and we are not going to change how we set them up just because one person explodes over how we do it.

And I never said they were unfinished. This story was part of a series that was going to be released. Have you ever heard of a series? Like a TV show? You never get the full story in one episode. There are multiple episodes per story and that is what we were trying to do with the b type posts and Alex's story.

Again we know how you feel about this post, we even gave you your own topic about it, so please stop complaining, it is not fixing anything.

fs_overall.png

spiahlove.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users