#1 PoultryChamp

PoultryChamp

Dotcommunism.

• Lead Administrator
  • 6,455 posts
  • Staff Position:Vampire
  • Jagex Name:PoultryChamp

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:37 PM

Jagex is giving a chance for all SDC members to access 8Realms with a VIP code. The game will go live tomorrow around 2pm GMT, and you can check it out. The special code gives you special access and £3 worth of gems to use in-game.

Great stuff. Your code will be 8RVIPACCESS. All being well, everything should go live tomorrow at around 2pm and hopefully we won’t have any technical glitches. That code gives the player £3 worth of gems to use in game as well.

Mark G
Community Manager
Jagex Games

VIP CODE # 8RVIPACCESS

Posted Image

"You can't stop the signal, Mal. Everything goes somewhere, and I go everywhere."

"And two, you dropped $150,000 on a fucking education you could have gotten for $1.50 in late charges at the public library."
"Yeah, but I will have a degree, and you'll be serving my kids fries at a drive-thru on our way to a skiing trip."
"Maybe. But at least I won't be unoriginal."

Facebook | Twitter | Website | Blog | LinkedIn | deviantART | Diigo
zeaZA.png sCSH7.png WSi59.png

#2 jchaplin2

jchaplin2

Ultra Mech

• SDC Member+++
  • 458 posts
  • Jagex Name:Jchaplin2

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:01 PM

woohoo gems ftw!

wait a minute: "8rvipaccess" what are the chances thatll be guessed immediately lol i assume itll be the code for everyone then >.>

Edited by jchaplin2, 05 December 2011 - 08:07 PM.

Posted Image

#3 Wege

Wege

I can resist everything except temptation.

• SDC Member++++
  • 1,834 posts
  • Jagex Name:Google Says

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:35 PM

Oh, that's actually kinda cool, might give it a try again with the code :)

Too bad it's not Stellar Dawn beta keys =P

Posted Image
| Text under the image looks nice |

#4 Human

Human

Fight

• SDC Member++++
  • 4,358 posts
  • Jagex Name:Human Lord

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:55 PM

How generous of them! The code is dumb though. “GUESS WHAT THE SECRET CODE IS?”,“IT'S 'SECRET CODE'!”.

#5 Flatypus

Flatypus

just like it was christmas time

• Staff
  • 3,852 posts
  • Staff Position:Graphics Designer
  • Jagex Name:Flatypus

Posted 05 December 2011 - 09:26 PM

Thanks Spaceone :)

#6 Daimen

Daimen

Web Developer

• SDC Member+++
  • 769 posts
  • Jagex Name:iSeiren

Posted 05 December 2011 - 09:26 PM

Key doesnt work for me

Edit: Realized it says tomorrow -facedesk-

Edited by Daimenw, 05 December 2011 - 09:28 PM.

#7 Eggs

Eggs

Invincible Mech

• SDC Member++++
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:38 PM

Thanks... I guess. But is this really something that Jagex is giving us? I'm pretty sure everyone who played beta is going to get this code. See the following email I got:

http://ebm.email.jagex.com/c/tag/hBO16uJB8aRrfB8euvuNeBSv1vc/doc.html?t_params=REMOVE%3Drm-0bwjktj7bftprs8au7u1aqq5sbrkmhv%2540email.jagex.com

Added code tags so you can see its legit.

#8 PoultryChamp

PoultryChamp

Dotcommunism.

• Lead Administrator
  • 6,455 posts
  • Staff Position:Vampire
  • Jagex Name:PoultryChamp

Posted 06 December 2011 - 12:20 AM

Thanks... I guess. But is this really something that Jagex is giving us? I'm pretty sure everyone who played beta is going to get this code. See the following email I got:

http://ebm.email.jagex.com/c/tag/hBO16uJB8aRrfB8euvuNeBSv1vc/doc.html?t_params=REMOVE%3Drm-0bwjktj7bftprs8au7u1aqq5sbrkmhv%2540email.jagex.com

Added code tags so you can see its legit.

We have a special access code just for Stellar Dawn Central chaps so if you’d like to be involved, let me know and I will give you the details. I probably won’t get your reply until Monday morning but we can sort it out then.

How disingenuous.

"You can't stop the signal, Mal. Everything goes somewhere, and I go everywhere."

"And two, you dropped $150,000 on a fucking education you could have gotten for $1.50 in late charges at the public library."
"Yeah, but I will have a degree, and you'll be serving my kids fries at a drive-thru on our way to a skiing trip."
"Maybe. But at least I won't be unoriginal."

Facebook | Twitter | Website | Blog | LinkedIn | deviantART | Diigo
zeaZA.png sCSH7.png WSi59.png

#9 Eggs

Eggs

Invincible Mech

• SDC Member++++
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 12:30 AM

Well, it might not be the same, but the code itself doesn't give me any confidence... Also, according to that email, it says 5 pounds of gems... ???

#10 Ed5

Ed5

Ediot

• Lead Administrator
  • 7,696 posts
  • Staff Position:Community Admin
  • Jagex Name:SDC Ed

Posted 06 December 2011 - 12:42 AM

^.-
Obviously they weren't being sincere. I would be surprise if any of us actually play this game.

#11 Chisp

Chisp

SDC Vet

• SDC Member+++
  • 261 posts
  • Jagex Name:Chisp

Posted 06 December 2011 - 01:40 AM

I wonder if this is how Stellar Dawn beta keys will be given out.
Posted Image

#12 Sg Gunner

Sg Gunner

:ninja:

• SDC Member+++
  • 322 posts
  • Jagex Name:Wiz Limpin

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:52 AM

I'm debating posting this to the OF. But of course I know it's a special offer and would be bad for the people here. Still debating it though...

#13 Spaceone

Spaceone

Mega Mech

• Jagex
  • 292 posts
  • Jagex Name:Mod_markg

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:47 AM

Hey chaps,

The code you have is just for SDC guys. There are a number of codes that we will release to various parties (as you would expect) but I was reliably informed that this one is just for you. Now, by the time of the launch I have no doubt that codes will be flying around left right and centre, as is always the case, but this one should be just yours.

At the end of the day we wanted to make sure we spoke to you about it, gave you your own code and then hoped that you would come along and play! Who needs Skyrim anyway (I can't play as my new pc has to go back to the company due to not switching on after I unpacked it)? :verymad:

For those who have played a previous version - A lot has changed. The game now doesn't end. You may finish the game first but that won't necessarily mean you will be number 1 on the leaderboard. Loads of balancing has taken place...oh so much stuff. Come along and play! :D

Posted Image

#14 Chris

Chris

Ultra Mech

• SDC Member+++
  • 823 posts
  • Staff Position:Researcher
  • Jagex Name:ChrisJ

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:53 AM

For those who have played a previous version - A lot has changed. The game now doesn't end.

You do realise that makes me not want to play, I was actually contemplating it now I can access it via my Galaxy S2. My Nokia Classic didn't make things as seamless as this mobile does. Anyway the game ending was a massive positive for me, I'm guessing this means the JCredits will be used in a similar way as they are on WoL and not in the exciting way suggested in an early blog?

The views below are those expressed by myself and not Stellar Dawn Central.
Posted Image

#15 Spaceone

Spaceone

Mega Mech

• Jagex
  • 292 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:07 AM

For those who have played a previous version - A lot has changed. The game now doesn't end.

You do realise that makes me not want to play, I was actually contemplating it now I can access it via my Galaxy S2. My Nokia Classic didn't make things as seamless as this mobile does. Anyway the game ending was a massive positive for me, I'm guessing this means the JCredits will be used in a similar way as they are on WoL and not in the exciting way suggested in an early blog?

Let me clarify - It doesn't end when the first person to reach the final age builds their wonder like before. So, others who may be behind can still get to the end of the game. It will end at some point but not just when somebody makes it there before you. :)

Posted Image

#16 Kaur

Kaur

Supreme Mech

• SDC Member++++
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 12:38 PM

Does it have any benefits over the codes I can get from my email or from the Facebook account?
"If we could make RuneScape all over again, what would we do differently?"
-Andrew, 2004

Posted Image SpaceCombat - Epic Scifi Action-MMORPG

#17 Chris

Chris

Ultra Mech

• SDC Member+++
  • 823 posts
  • Staff Position:Researcher
  • Jagex Name:ChrisJ

Posted 06 December 2011 - 01:15 PM

Let me clarify - It doesn't end when the first person to reach the final age builds their wonder like before. So, others who may be behind can still get to the end of the game. It will end at some point but not just when somebody makes it there before you. :)

I'm guessing you've decided on a fixed timescale then, which is either fixed from the start or from when the first final wonder is built?

The views below are those expressed by myself and not Stellar Dawn Central.
Posted Image

#18 Kaur

Kaur

Supreme Mech

• SDC Member++++
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 01:20 PM

Something exciting is coming! The 8Realms website is currently unavailable, but stay tuned for updates.

-Andrew, 2004

#19 Spaceone

Spaceone

Mega Mech

• Jagex
  • 292 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 02:15 PM

I'm guessing you've decided on a fixed timescale then, which is either fixed from the start or from when the first final wonder is built?

Not that I'm aware of, it will probably be decided on a server by server basis

Posted Image

#20 Kaur

Kaur

Supreme Mech

• SDC Member++++
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 02:54 PM

This SDC special key doesn't even unlock the VIP flag...
Better use twitter, facebook or email keys.
-Andrew, 2004

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users