31 replies to this topic

#21 TheAnnunaki

TheAnnunaki

Ultra Mech

• SDC Member+++
  • 454 posts
  • Jagex Name:The Annunaki

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:13 PM

ahhh tried to get back into it.... built 4 things then closed the screen and said F it. find it waaaayy to boring. 1 question though that might make me play, can you attack other peoples main settlements now? or just in the last age.

Edited by TheAnnunaki, 06 December 2011 - 04:49 PM.

#22 Ides

Ides

Soul Raven

• Retired
  • 9,333 posts
  • Staff Position:Programmer
  • Jagex Name:Idest

Posted 06 December 2011 - 05:10 PM

Spaceone, how will you be able to determine if someone who puts in that code just didn't Google for it and use it?

Edit: http://www.google.co...realms vip code

#23 Daimen

Daimen

Web Developer

• SDC Member+++
  • 769 posts
  • Jagex Name:iSeiren

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:53 PM

Hey chaps,

The code you have is just for SDC guys. There are a number of codes that we will release to various parties (as you would expect) but I was reliably informed that this one is just for you. Now, by the time of the launch I have no doubt that codes will be flying around left right and centre, as is always the case, but this one should be just yours.

At the end of the day we wanted to make sure we spoke to you about it, gave you your own code and then hoped that you would come along and play! Who needs Skyrim anyway (I can't play as my new pc has to go back to the company due to not switching on after I unpacked it)? :verymad:

For those who have played a previous version - A lot has changed. The game now doesn't end. You may finish the game first but that won't necessarily mean you will be number 1 on the leaderboard. Loads of balancing has taken place...oh so much stuff. Come along and play! :D

Ohhhh 8 Relms is HTML 5?

#24 Eggs

Eggs

Invincible Mech

• SDC Member++++
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:26 PM

Hey chaps,

The code you have is just for SDC guys. There are a number of codes that we will release to various parties (as you would expect) but I was reliably informed that this one is just for you. Now, by the time of the launch I have no doubt that codes will be flying around left right and centre, as is always the case, but this one should be just yours.

At the end of the day we wanted to make sure we spoke to you about it, gave you your own code and then hoped that you would come along and play! Who needs Skyrim anyway (I can't play as my new pc has to go back to the company due to not switching on after I unpacked it)? :verymad:

For those who have played a previous version - A lot has changed. The game now doesn't end. You may finish the game first but that won't necessarily mean you will be number 1 on the leaderboard. Loads of balancing has taken place...oh so much stuff. Come along and play! :D

Ohhhh 8 Relms is HTML 5?

I don't think so, pretty sure its just HTML4 and javascript.

Also, I got an email code of Andromeda. So I was wrong... however, if this code is worse that the email, twitter, and facebook ones, I still don't see the point.

#25 Chris

Chris

Ultra Mech

• SDC Member+++
  • 823 posts
  • Staff Position:Researcher
  • Jagex Name:ChrisJ

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:46 PM

The beta keys aren't there to limit intake of player numbers, that'd be silly as they want an optimum number for great gameplay. My guess is that it's probably a clever ploy and marketing tool to find out where the 8Realms players are coming from. They'll then use that data to see how they can extend their reach, but later decide to stay completely silent and continue their BS silence strategy.

The views below are those expressed by myself and not Stellar Dawn Central.
Posted Image

#26 Ides

Ides

Soul Raven

• Retired
  • 9,333 posts
  • Staff Position:Programmer
  • Jagex Name:Idest

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:24 PM

The problem with that is if someone gets 4 different codes from various sources, they will definitely use the one that they either see first or has the best bonus on the side. If they would just ask then I bet it would be better "survey" wise.

#27 Flatypus

Flatypus

just like it was christmas time

• Staff
  • 3,852 posts
  • Staff Position:Graphics Designer
  • Jagex Name:Flatypus

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:29 PM

This game is like War of Legends meets Farmville. Thanks for the gesture Jagex, but I won't be playing XD

#28 Unique

Unique

Maclura pomifera!

• SDC Member++++
  • 2,209 posts
  • Jagex Name:OuterSpace

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:51 AM

I tried it out and don't like it. My main issue is that the game greatly limits my freedom. It treats me like a baby. There should be an open area for building stuff, and I should be able to place what I want any where within the space. I shouldn't have to build in a strict 1, 2, 3 order. Let me decide what I want to build next. No annoying guy popups telling me what I have to do next. Make him only appear upon clicking a help button. The "quest" system should come into play later in the game. Building a barn or a farm is not an achievement. Tell me what the object of the game is upfront --Why should I keep playing this?

Signature

#29 Darth Irule

Darth Irule

blah

• Lead Administrator
  • 11,818 posts
  • Staff Position:Moderator
  • Jagex Name:Darth Irule

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:51 AM

I tried it out and don't like it. My main issue is that the game greatly limits my freedom. It treats me like a baby. There should be an open area for building stuff, and I should be able to place what I want any where within the space. I shouldn't have to build in a strict 1, 2, 3 order. Let me decide what I want to build next. No annoying guy popups telling me what I have to do next. Make him only appear upon clicking a help button. The "quest" system should come into play later in the game. Building a barn or a farm is not an achievement. Tell me what the object of the game is upfront --Why should I keep playing this?

That is just the tutorial part of the game XD

Once you get through to like 64% culture he leaves you alone.

fs_overall.png

spiahlove.png

#30 Lord John

Lord John

Legendary Mech

• SDC Member++++
  • 7,633 posts
  • Jagex Name:Lord Janas

Posted 31 December 2011 - 01:51 AM

I completely forgot about 8Realms, that's how disinterested I am. I wonder how long it'll be before it's full of inactives like WOL.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Thanks Kakashi for the great sig!

#31 Sg Gunner

Sg Gunner

:ninja:

• SDC Member+++
  • 322 posts
  • Jagex Name:Wiz Limpin

Posted 01 January 2012 - 05:44 AM

I completely forgot about 8Realms, that's how disinterested I am. I wonder how long it'll be before it's full of inactives like WOL.

Ikr, I mean funorb has more players than wol lol

#32 Unique

Unique

Maclura pomifera!

• SDC Member++++
  • 2,209 posts
  • Jagex Name:OuterSpace

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:01 PM

♥ ♥ ♥ What's the story behind 8realms? Upon the release of War of Legends, people noticed it was created by Jagex Publishing. The Jagex Publishing logo was then said to mean someone or some company paid Jagex to make the game for them, or some person or company made the game and paid Jagex to endorse it. 8realms is a copy off War of Legends, but there isn't a Jagex Publishing logo. It says Jagex Games Studio. What happened?! I wonder if the WoL buyer feels cheated due to 8realm's release. ♥ ♥ ♥

Signature

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users