blah

• Lead Administrator
  • 11,818 posts
  • Staff Position:Moderator
  • Jagex Name:Darth Irule

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:21 PM

CLICK HERE TO SEE OUR NEW RECRUITING TOPIC

~~ Old Information ~~
Welcome to the Team applications topic. This topic will be utilized from time to time in order to recruit you, our community, to fill specific positions within the Staff Team.

We're currently looking for people to join the following two teams:

Staff Team

Staff Members are tasked with content creation; they are not expected to moderate the forums or enforce the rules.

Staff Members generally fill specific roles. For example; members of the Graphics Team might be expected to create graphical ornamentation for Stellar Dawn Central Posts, while members of the Web Development Team could be tasked with developing specific technical tools. This is not to say that Staff Members are restricted to working solely on their allotted roles. While it's true that their roles should generally come first, Staff Members are welcome to work on whichever projects they would like.

Everyone applying for a Staff position is expected to remain an active member of the community. While this does not mean that you will be required to be active every single day, it's generally a good idea to be as involved as possible.

Perhaps you're not sure how your schedule will affect your ability to be an active Staff Member, but you'd still like to contribute to the improvement and growth of our community? If so, you might like to take a look at the second type of role we're looking to fill.

Helper Team

Helper is the name of a new role we're looking to create. This is a position for community members looking to contribute to Stellar Dawn Central's improvement and growth without the responsibilities or expectations of a full Staff Member.

Helper is a general role, which, unlike Staff Member, does not contain specific duties. Rather, Helpers will be able to take part in whichever tasks they feel they would most enjoy.

Helpers will have access to a specific subforum where they can interact with other Helpers, as well as the entire Team.

Those who successfully apply to the Helper program will be given the option of promotion to full Staff Member should they so choose.

Furthermore, Staff Members who find themselves unable to fulfill their duties will be given the option of being moved to the position of Helper. They, too, will be allowed to apply for reconsideration as full Staff should their schedule then allow it.

When you have completed your application, please submit it via Personal Message to SDC Apps by June 16th. Please note the position you are applying for in the Message Subject.

Applications should not be posted in this topic. Applications posted in this topic will be removed and you will be asked to resubmit your application.

Regardless of the outcome of your application, we pledge to contact you in order to inform you of the results.

Thank you for your interest.

fs_overall.png

spiahlove.png

#2 Darth Irule

Darth Irule

blah

• Lead Administrator
  • 11,818 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:22 PM

We're currently looking for community members to fill the following roles within the Staff Team:

• Graphics
  • Web Development
  • Writing
Staff Application:

Please note that questions marked with an asterisk require an answer. Please only give as much information as you feel comfortable providing.

Spoiler

Helper Application:

Please note that questions marked with an asterisk require an answer. Please only give as much information as you feel comfortable providing.

Spoiler

fs_overall.png

spiahlove.png

#3 Kaur

Kaur

Supreme Mech

• SDC Member++++
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:23 PM

Good luck, applicants!
"If we could make RuneScape all over again, what would we do differently?"
-Andrew, 2004

Posted Image SpaceCombat - Epic Scifi Action-MMORPG

#4 Alex

Alex

What I'd like to be

• SDC Member++++
  • 6,457 posts
  • Staff Position:Retired writing team co-ordinator
  • Jagex Name:Xel

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:31 PM

Hi I'd like to apply but unfortunately I don't think I have that much past experience or examples to show you, any ideas on what I could write to fill out my application?

Perhaps I'll just do 7 of everything.
ALL THIS HARD WORK, DOWN THE DRAIN.

#5 Ayush

Ayush

Llama Lord

• SDC Member+++
  • 535 posts
  • Staff Position:Helper
  • Jagex Name:Ayush S92

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:13 PM

Ah how strange. When I was reading the new admins thread and read about new staff applications I thought if there was a position like the helper I could definitely apply. Guess you guys read my mind.

I'll definitely apply but need to get over with my exams first.

Good luck to the rest of you who are applying.

Edited by Ayush , 30 May 2012 - 09:14 PM.

Posted Image

#6 Pregxi

Pregxi

Rawr.

• SDC Member++++
  • 1,022 posts
  • Jagex Name:Charmed Pop

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:17 PM

I considered applying for the helper position but in all honesty the only area that I'd be mildly helpful in is writing. :unsure:

... In reality there is, perhaps, no one of our natural passions so hard to subdue as pride. ... For, even if I could conceive that I had completely overcome it, I should probably be proud of my humility." - Benjamin Franklin

#7 Laurie

Laurie

Responsible Mech

• Staff
  • 3,675 posts
  • Staff Position:Outreach
  • Jagex Name:Lord Laurie

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:55 PM

I considered applying for the helper position but in all honesty the only area that I'd be mildly helpful in is writing. :unsure:

Go for it! We need some new writers! :D

Posted Image

#8 Shpam

Shpam

Robin Williams hates Druce!!!

• Staff
  • 3,202 posts
  • Staff Position:Writer
  • Jagex Name:Het

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:02 PM

Are we allowed to apply for both helper and staff? Or is it just one or the other.

Also, what color would helpers be?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#9 Ed5

Ed5

Ediot

• Lead Administrator
  • 7,696 posts
  • Staff Position:Community Admin
  • Jagex Name:SDC Ed

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:11 PM

Are we allowed to apply for both helper and staff? Or is it just one or the other.

Shpam reread the thread. xD

Concerning the color of the Helpers. They will remain with their regular member pip. The only difference is that there will be something on their Staff Position slot.

#10 Pwax

Pwax

Pm me your pm's

• SDC Member+++
  • 532 posts
  • Jagex Name:Pwaxeh

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:10 AM

Shpam reread the thread. xD

Concerning the color of the Helpers. They will remain with their regular member pip. The only difference is that there will be something on their Staff Position slot.

No pips? D:

#11 Lord John

Lord John

Legendary Mech

• SDC Member++++
  • 7,633 posts
  • Jagex Name:Lord Janas

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:32 AM

I personally don't think having more staff will help this forum much as it has no direction at present, but whatever. I assume you've thought over these things and this is a spontaneous move in the attempt to keep the forum alive. As it is, I haven't seen the current staff *do* their jobs. Writers haven't written anything, Graphic Artists haven't drawn anything, etc.

Are you planning to cull the inactive staff? I understood Ren's rationale behind some of the picks a while ago but selecting those inactive members really just hurts and already inactive forum. Who wants to join a forum where the ranked members are inactive? (I should clarify that "Staff" is only the people with the green pips. Inactive admins are another thing, but their financial support and work in the past and hopeful return means I have no problem with them at all.)

I think we have enough staff on the bench for now and think all the suitable staff have already been chosen, but good luck to those who apply. I won't be applying as I'd prefer to remain a "free" member with no obligations or commitments to the site while I complete my fourth and final year of university. Besides, I feel there are better people suited to the roles required. I'm certainly no graphic artist or web designer!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Thanks Kakashi for the great sig!

#12 ProMetaAnaTelo

ProMetaAnaTelo

Eggroll Prince

• 3,908 posts
  • Jagex Name:TomRedwood

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:42 AM

I think what's going on right now is that Ed and Sean are in active control now because we've been without upper administration for a while. With the new control they're going to try and push the forum in a direction and the new staff is to start working on that push once the direction is decided.

Or maybe it's just to promote activity.

#13 tjk

tjk

chief exporter of disturbing avatars

• SDC Member++++
  • 6,913 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:46 AM

I personally don't think having more staff will help this forum much as it has no direction at present, but whatever. I assume you've thought over these things and this is a spontaneous move in the attempt to keep the forum alive. As it is, I haven't seen the current staff *do* their jobs. Writers haven't written anything, Graphic Artists haven't drawn anything, etc.

Are you planning to cull the inactive staff? I understood Ren's rationale behind some of the picks a while ago but selecting those inactive members really just hurts and already inactive forum. Who wants to join a forum where the ranked members are inactive? (I should clarify that "Staff" is only the people with the green pips. Inactive admins are another thing, but their financial support and work in the past and hopeful return means I have no problem with them at all.)

I think we have enough staff on the bench for now and think all the suitable staff have already been chosen, but good luck to those who apply. I won't be applying as I'd prefer to remain a "free" member with no obligations or commitments to the site while I complete my fourth and final year of university. Besides, I feel there are better people suited to the roles required. I'm certainly no graphic artist or web designer!

From what I understand, most of the staff work is behind the scenes. The lead admins disappeared, and without their authority, the staff couldn't release anything. Then we realized we need the lead admins to get staff stuff to start, and they were like "Well since we got real life issues, have some people in our stead with the same authority as us". And of course, now that there's admins, projects can start rolling, and we need people to roll those wheels.

No.

#14 EliteZeon

EliteZeon

Moonlight Leader

• Staff
  • 3,289 posts
  • Staff Position:Graphics Designer
  • Jagex Name:EliteZeon

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:17 AM

Writers haven't written anything, Graphic Artists haven't drawn anything, etc.

Just for the record, I HAVE drawn something... just nothing SDC related since I was never given an assignment after the we became lost in the woods.

My Gallerypliigi_baby.gif<-Lili the AF Creature - A.M.R.U.G Leader AMRUGFlag.png
Kampfersig.gif00PliigiBadge.pngAMRUGSymbol2-1.png

00100.png

#15 Darth Irule

Darth Irule

blah

• Lead Administrator
  • 11,818 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:35 AM

What faybro said.

Most of the staff work has been behind the scenes recently, well cause with the lack of SD info we had we really couldnt do much. The ongoing big project we were working was the new site design, but because of no lead admins we really couldnt take that far, and staff got inactive, some quit ect....

But now that me and ed have the powers to be able to actually move the site along we are recruting more staff to help us with the move the site to what we are planning. Me details will be released in the future about it but right now just stay tuned and dont worry. Stuff will get done now. Just dont expect to see alot of it in public as there really isnt anything we can do for the public. Articles, ect..

fs_overall.png

spiahlove.png

#16 Killrrhubarb

Killrrhubarb

It's O for Awesome!

• Staff
  • 4,704 posts
  • Staff Position:Writer
  • Jagex Name:Killrrhubarb

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:18 AM

Writers haven't written anything.

What! There were at least 4 new SDC posts when the new staff happened. I personally didn't write an article, but I did a large amount of editing of articles, writing community news for articles, and fixing up the formatting of articles that were going to be posted.

Anyway, it'll be good to see more people join our writing team!
Posted Image
Thanks Elitezeon for the awesome sig!

#17 Neven

Neven

Ultima Mech

• SDC Member++++
  • 1,610 posts
  • Staff Position:Researcher
  • Jagex Name:Galaxy Sabre

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:47 AM

I have notified the Staff that I will be stepping down because I am leaving for Basic Training in a little over a month. I wish all of the new applicants, the current staff and community the best of luck in maintaining an awesome environment. I will see you all in November when I get back.

Posted Image
Feel free to visit my YouTube page and check out my latest Videos!
If you have any questions, feel free to Posted Image me.

#18 Heist

Heist

m8

• Staff
  • 464 posts
  • Staff Position:Web Developer/Graphics Designer

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:31 AM

Good luck, guys!

#19 Lord John

Lord John

Legendary Mech

• SDC Member++++
  • 7,633 posts
  • Jagex Name:Lord Janas

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:27 AM

I realise entirely that there has been nothing for staff to do due to the fact that the central theme of this forum, Stellar Dawn, had nothing interesting going for it. That's why I wondered why we needed more staff.

Anyway, I'm glad we have some Admins now.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Thanks Kakashi for the great sig!

#20 Ed5

Ed5

Ediot

• Lead Administrator
  • 7,696 posts
  • Staff Position:Community Admin
  • Jagex Name:SDC Ed

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:37 AM

I realise entirely that there has been nothing for staff to do due to the fact that the central theme of this forum, Stellar Dawn, had nothing interesting going for it. That's why I wondered why we needed more staff.

Anyway, I'm glad we have some Admins now.

We are moving away from SD that is why we need more staff. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users