• Lead Administrator
  • 6,454 posts
  • Staff Position:Vampire
  • Jagex Name:PoultryChamp

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:11 PM

The Art Contest is now closed.
Winners Announced November 14th!

Introduction

Welcome to PoultryChamp's HUGE Art Contest! This contest grew out of my love of art and supporting the arts. I hope to continue supporting the arts year round with special giveaways and more contests!
As this is a huge art contest, please be careful to read all the rules before agreeing to them.

Don't forget to +fav this journal and share it with your friends!

Prizes

Grand Prize!
1x Golden Professional Acrylics Paint Set (Set of 6)
1x Cretacolor Sketching Gift Set, Set of 27
1x Strathmore Bristol Drawing Pad
1x Canson Sketchbook
1x Professional Small Pre-Stretched Deep Profile Canvas
Various Paintbrushes
Various Pencils
1x Art Projects Book (”Drawing & Painting Techniques”)
1x Field Guide: How to be a Graphic Designer
1x Congratulatory Letter

Best of Drawings & Paintings
One Year deviantART Subscription or Equivalent Prize
Small Sketchbook and Pencils
Congratulatory Letter

Best of Photography
Congratulatory Letter

Best of Graphic Design
Small Sketchbook and Pencils
1x Field Guide: How to be a Graphic Designer
Congratulatory Letter

Cutest Chibi / Best Anime-Style (GaiaOnline Special Prize)
500K GaiaOnline Gold

Share This! Prize
2000 deviantART points (given away 500 at a time)

Categories

Category One: Drawings & Paintings
May be digital or traditional medium.

Category Two: Photography

Category Three: Graphic Design
The category for signatures, avatars, brochures, flyers, web designs, etc. May be digital or traditional medium.

How To Enter

There are multiple ways to enter. Choose the one most convenient for you. All correspondence should reference "PoultryChamp's Huge Art Contest"
Please include links only to your artwork.
Don't forget to fill out the entry form!

Enter via Forums - Stellar Dawn Central
Send a personal message to PoultryChamp including links to your work and an entry form for each entry.

Enter via Email
Send an email to contests@outerleap.net. Include a link to your work and an entry form for each entry. Please do not include any attachments! A great image host is deviantART or imgur.com.

Enter via deviantART
Send a note or post a comment on this journalincluding a link or thumbnail to your work and an entry form for each entry.

ENTRY FORM
First Name:
deviantART Name: (Optional)
Title of Entry:
Description of Entry:
Category:
Do you understand and agree to the rules? Yes / No

Rules

1. Number of Entries
You are limited to 3 total entries. They may be in any category.

2. Age Eligibility
You must be 18 or at least 13 with parent permission to enter the art contest.
If you are under 18 and enter I assume you have your parent's permission.

3. Geographical Eligibility
You may reside in any country to enter, unless prohibited by law.

4. Original Works
All entries must be your own work, and must not include any eye tracing. Any works found to be copies of another artist will be disqualified and the offender will be banned from any future contests.
Using a reference image is acceptable as long as you credit the original artist.
Do not submit works that have been entered in other contests.

5. Required Information for Receiving Prizes
If you win you must provide full name, address, country, and email address. You may also provide a phone number and reference number for shipment of your package.

6. Lost, Damaged or Returned Prizes in Transit
Any prizes lost, stolen or damaged will not be replaced. Prizes that are returned become property of Laura Reed and may be used for future contests.

7. Shipment Method and Insurance
Your prizes will be shipped via US Postal. Winners living in the United States will have their prizes shipped Priority Mail with insurance and delivery confirmation, whereas international winners will have their prizes shipped Best Way (most likely parcel post). The base shipping cost is paid by Laura Reed.

8. Refusing Prizes, Dropping Out or Refusing to Give Information Required for Shipment
If you win you may refuse the prize. The prize pack will become property of Laura Reed.
You may drop out of the contest at any time. If you win and choose to drop out of the contest after winners have been chosen the next runner up will become the official winner.
You have 31 days to claim your prize and provide shipping information. If you fail to provide shipping information you will forfeit your prize.

9. Replacement or Substitution of Prize
No physical prizes (ie: paint set) can be returned or replaced. Monetary prizes, like the deviantART subscription, can be substituted for another e-gift card, such as Amazon.com.

10. Disqualification & Conduct
Laura Reed may disqualify an entry or participant at any time, for any reason. The decision is final.
You must also adhere to deviantART's rules and terms of service.
Bad conduct, such as foul language, spamming, begging, or harassment is an instant disqualification.

11. Changes to the Rules
Changes to these rules might happen at any time, for any reason. Please check back often to see if any contest rules or entry information has changed!

Privacy & Permissions
Only your first name, deviantART name, age, description of entry, and country will be public. All other information provided to us will be kept private.

You give permission to Laura Reed (PoultryChamp) to display, edit, copy, transmit and otherwise use your work on outerleap.net and approved affiliated sites for an indefinite period. User, however, has the right to retain 100% copyright and may challenge Laura Reed for use of the work at any time.

FAQ
[indent=1]How many entries may I enter?
Up to three in any category.

Can I change my entry?
Yes. You may change your entry until the final due date, October 20th.
Send a note or email explaining which entry you are switching or changing.

What does WIP mean?
WIP means Works In Progress.

Can I enter a WIP?
Yes, please do! If you enter a Work In Progress you get an extra week to finish and enter it!

Can I enter jewelry or photomanipulations?
Unfortunately, no. You cannot enter photomanipulations, jewelry, sculptures, 3D renders, or literature. Mixed Media may be accepted if it fits closely with one of the categories.

Can I enter collabs?
No. This would be unfair to the other artist.

Who is judging and how is the judging setup?
Currently the only judge is Laura Reed. This may change in the future. The current scoring criteria puts creativity and effort above technical skill.
Creativity - 30%
Effort - 20%
Technical Skill -20%
Overall Appearance, Design and Composition - 30%

When are the deadlines?
Works In Progress are due October 13th by 11:59pm PST.
Final Works are due October 20th by 11:59 PST.

Do you have a theme?
Nope! Feel free to enter anything that fits into the categories. Make sure to choose only your best work!

What's the Share This! Prize? (deviantART Prize)
The Share This! Prize is a giveaway that awards those who have added this journal to their favorites and have helped spread the contest around. There are 2000 points to win and I will be giving out points to people who help spread this contest. Go ahead, +fav this journal and link back to it for a chance at those points! It's easy!

What is a Merit Award?
Merit awards are awarded to those that have not won a prize, but certainly impressed me! There is no prize for merit awards, but they will be featured in my journal.

"You can't stop the signal, Mal. Everything goes somewhere, and I go everywhere."

"And two, you dropped $150,000 on a fucking education you could have gotten for $1.50 in late charges at the public library."
"Yeah, but I will have a degree, and you'll be serving my kids fries at a drive-thru on our way to a skiing trip."
"Maybe. But at least I won't be unoriginal."

Facebook | Twitter | Website | Blog | LinkedIn | deviantART | Diigo
zeaZA.png sCSH7.png WSi59.png

#2 PoultryChamp

PoultryChamp

Dotcommunism.

• Lead Administrator
  • 6,454 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:23 PM

If you have a deviantART account, would you please considering adding this journal to your favourites? The more exposure the better. :)
http://poultrychamp....rizes-326051383

"You can't stop the signal, Mal. Everything goes somewhere, and I go everywhere."

"And two, you dropped $150,000 on a fucking education you could have gotten for $1.50 in late charges at the public library."
"Yeah, but I will have a degree, and you'll be serving my kids fries at a drive-thru on our way to a skiing trip."

#3 PoultryChamp

PoultryChamp

Dotcommunism.

• Lead Administrator
  • 6,454 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:25 AM

Winners have been chosen!

Please head over to my deviantART journal to see the winners. :) Link

#4 Eggs

Eggs

Invincible Mech

• SDC Member++++
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:40 PM

Doesn't look like anyone from SDC won anything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users