PoultryChamp

Dotcommunism.

• Lead Administrator
  • 6,455 posts
  • Staff Position:Vampire
  • Jagex Name:PoultryChamp

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:21 PM

NOTICE (G-Rated thread)
This is a G-rated topic. This means all posts and links should be appropriate for the general public. Please keep all posts free of flames, spam, inappropriate jokes and bad language. If you see any inappropriate posts on this thread then use the "report" button to alert the relevant staff members.

A few days ago we were compromised, as discussed in this thread. Your stored passwords are safe and if you chose a strong password, your password is very difficult to crack. However, there may have been a password sniffer on the application level and because of this we implore you to change your password on our website and never use your SDC password for anything else.

I believe security and privacy should always be the Number One priority of an administrator, so I have decided to shut Stellar Dawn Central down temporarily so I may deal with the intrusion and harden our server against future attacks.

Thank you for your understanding and continued patience!

"You can't stop the signal, Mal. Everything goes somewhere, and I go everywhere."

"And two, you dropped $150,000 on a fucking education you could have gotten for $1.50 in late charges at the public library."
"Yeah, but I will have a degree, and you'll be serving my kids fries at a drive-thru on our way to a skiing trip."
"Maybe. But at least I won't be unoriginal."

Facebook | Twitter | Website | Blog | LinkedIn | deviantART | Diigo
zeaZA.png sCSH7.png WSi59.png

#2 tjk

tjk

chief exporter of disturbing avatars

• SDC Member++++
  • 6,913 posts
  • Staff Position:Helper

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:24 PM

If you shut down SDC, how will people see this post?

No.

#3 PoultryChamp

PoultryChamp

Dotcommunism.

• Lead Administrator
  • 6,455 posts
  • Staff Position:Vampire
  • Jagex Name:PoultryChamp

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

If you shut down SDC, how will people see this post?

Facebook will have status updates.

"You can't stop the signal, Mal. Everything goes somewhere, and I go everywhere."

"And two, you dropped $150,000 on a fucking education you could have gotten for $1.50 in late charges at the public library."
"Yeah, but I will have a degree, and you'll be serving my kids fries at a drive-thru on our way to a skiing trip."
"Maybe. But at least I won't be unoriginal."

Facebook | Twitter | Website | Blog | LinkedIn | deviantART | Diigo
zeaZA.png sCSH7.png WSi59.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users