#1 PoultryChamp

PoultryChamp

Dotcommunism.

• Lead Administrator
  • 6,454 posts
  • Staff Position:Vampire
  • Jagex Name:PoultryChamp

Posted 29 March 2009 - 10:38 PM

Requested by countless people throughout the months and given months worth of discussion, Stellar Dawn Central is modestly now accepting user donations. We're not going to tell you that the forums will go bye-bye if you don't donate, and we promise never to make donating a centerfold of our content. We wish to give you, the members, an additional way to help out the website and relieve some of the site's bandwidth cost. In return we thank donors with a small amount of benefits.

Before donating, there are some simple terms you must understand and agree to. First and foremost, donors will never receive exclusive previews to any Stellar Dawn news, concept art or insider information. We will not be using the VIP Forums to "pre-screen" or show any content owned by Jagex or the Stellar Dawn team.
Donors are still bound by the same rules as everyone else.
There is no guarantee of uptime.
Absolutely no refunds. You will not be refunded if you are banned or suspended.
The most time as a donor is 1 YEAR, the least is 1 MONTH. Price tables is calculated on a 1-month, 6-month, and 1 year basis.
For a full list of Terms, please check the Donations page.

Potential Benefits Include:
- Custom Donor usergroup & icon!
- More PM (Personal Message) space!
- Access to VIP forums!
- No Ads!
- Donor-Only Userbar and Badge!
Posted Image

Two Ways to Donate

METHOD ONE - DONATE VIA FORUMS
The first method of donating is donating by a fixed-rate system on the forums. To access this you go to My Controls -> Donate to Stellar Dawn Central -> Select Package -> Select Payment Method -> Pay! Once you return to the site you should be added to the Donor User Group automatically!
Or simply click here to go directly to packages. To use this option you must be a registered member to the forums!

METHOD TWO - DONATE VIA BUTTON
If you feel the fixed-rate system is not for you, or you do not have a forum account, you may still donate by PayPal button. By using the PayPal button method you may choose your own amount to donate. Donating less than $3 will not result in receiving any benefits, even though every little bit is appreciated. Please remember to include your Stellar Dawn Central (SDC) forum username if you wish to receive benefits this way! We can't tell who has donated unless they fill out the small comment box on PayPal, it will say "Please Enter Your SDC Username."

Posted Image

Posted Image

The above button should take you to Stellar Dawn Central's Donor page where you may read the Terms and continue to PayPal.

Where do our donations end up?
Your donation's first stop on its exciting journey is to help pay for our server's bandwidth costs. Stellar Dawn Central is a large site hosting dozens of popular images, with a fairly large forum to boot. It is not cheap to run. If the month's bandwidth cost is taken care of, your donations will go into a savings account ("war chest") to pick up the slack on months that may see a higher bill. Furthermore the donations may go to compensate website programmers. As a donor you have full right to know where your money is going and a topic in the VIP Forums will be made specifically for this purpose.

Do you accept donations by mail?
Unfortunately we cannot accept any donations by mail. We do not want to take the risk of having your money lost in the mail.

I don't have PayPal, I only have cash, and you don't take mail. What can I do?
Purchasing a VISA Gift Card at your local supermarket is one way. In most locations they come in denominations of $25, $50 and $100. The VISA gift cards work just like a regular credit card (including fees), so you'll be able to use PayPal with it! If you are under 18 please have parental permission before purchasing VISA gift cards. NOTE: It has been reported that PayPal sometimes does not take VISA giftcards unless they are registered with an address and name. Merely activating the cards will cause it to stop payment. If this problem is reported again, we will remove this recommendation and find another solution. Please report to us if you are having problems.

I need help!
Please contact PoultryChamp via Personal Message or email. You may email admin@mechscapeworld.com or blood_eclipse@hotmail.com. The fastest reply will be through Personal Message on the forums.

"You can't stop the signal, Mal. Everything goes somewhere, and I go everywhere."

"And two, you dropped $150,000 on a fucking education you could have gotten for $1.50 in late charges at the public library."
"Yeah, but I will have a degree, and you'll be serving my kids fries at a drive-thru on our way to a skiing trip."
"Maybe. But at least I won't be unoriginal."

Facebook | Twitter | Website | Blog | LinkedIn | deviantART | Diigo
zeaZA.png sCSH7.png WSi59.png

#2 Pliigi

Pliigi

• 7,128 posts
  • Staff Position:Writer, Research Team Coordinator

Posted 29 March 2009 - 10:39 PM

I'll try to donate in a few minutes.

Posted Image

#3 MC

MC

Invincible Mech

• Administrator
  • 3,566 posts
  • Staff Position:Moderator
  • Jagex Name:Mc_Comix_Yo

Posted 29 March 2009 - 10:39 PM

You spent a lot of time setting all of this up and coding it all, good work, Laura! Hopefully our members will donate to help keep this site afloat. I'll be donating later tonight once I get a Paypal account set up, hopefully.

#4 Pliigi

Pliigi

• 7,128 posts
  • Staff Position:Writer, Research Team Coordinator

Posted 29 March 2009 - 10:54 PM

I tried donating but had some trouble on my end, I'll donate as soon as I can.

From what I saw of the donation system, however, it seems very well set up.

Posted Image

#5 Edd

Edd

Forever missed <3

• SDC Member++++
  • 1,083 posts
  • Jagex Name:il ed il

Posted 29 March 2009 - 11:04 PM

Glad to see there is now a way we can help out.
Good job laura

Donated

Edd loves MSW.

Posted Image
R.I.P Forever missed 1968 - 2009 <3 :(

#6 IanFarrell

IanFarrell

Advanced Mech

• SDC Member+
  • 50 posts
  • Jagex Name:De Summoning

Posted 29 March 2009 - 11:51 PM

Just donated 1 year.

#7 Darth Irule

Darth Irule

blah

• Lead Administrator
  • 11,818 posts
  • Jagex Name:Darth Irule

Posted 30 March 2009 - 12:02 AM

Do I have to have the user bar and be in the group if i donate?

fs_overall.png

spiahlove.png

#8 IanFarrell

IanFarrell

Advanced Mech

• SDC Member+
  • 50 posts
  • Jagex Name:De Summoning

Posted 30 March 2009 - 12:04 AM

Am I the first donor?

#9 Ren

Ren

Trust, but Verify

• 8,497 posts
  • Staff Position:Chief Badger
  • Jagex Name:Me

Posted 30 March 2009 - 12:05 AM

Am I the first donor?

You are as far as I can tell, but PC would have to confirm. Thanks for donating :biggrin:

h8BphmP.png
"They didn't care that they'd seen it work in practice
because they already knew it couldn't work in theory."

#10 Darth Irule

Darth Irule

blah

• Lead Administrator
  • 11,818 posts
  • Jagex Name:Darth Irule

Posted 30 March 2009 - 12:22 AM

Donated $10.00.

fs_overall.png

spiahlove.png

#11 MC

MC

Invincible Mech

• Administrator
  • 3,566 posts
  • Jagex Name:Mc_Comix_Yo

Posted 30 March 2009 - 01:03 AM

I just gave a $29 yearly payment.

#12 Samywamy10

Samywamy10

Advanced Mech

• Donor
  • 49 posts
  • Jagex Name:samywamy10

Posted 30 March 2009 - 01:48 AM

*Has donated*. Is looking sexy in pink :D.
*yawns*

#13 System Freak

System Freak

Super Mech

• SDC Member+++
  • 146 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 02:30 AM

ill try to donate soon = )

#14 xKing

xKing

Super Mech

• SDC Member+++
  • 145 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 02:46 AM

I'll get a paypal account ASAP :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Posted Image

#15 Spire

Spire

Invincible Mech

• 4,162 posts
  • Staff Position:retired
  • Jagex Name:Eskimodude1

Posted 30 March 2009 - 02:50 AM

I'll see what I can do.

Our credit card # was just stolen, so my parents are paranoid about anything having to do w/paypal or creditcards.
I'll try :tongue:

76561198025315076.png

#16 PoultryChamp

PoultryChamp

Dotcommunism.

• Lead Administrator
  • 6,454 posts
  • Staff Position:Vampire
  • Jagex Name:PoultryChamp

Posted 30 March 2009 - 02:01 PM

I'll see what I can do.

Our credit card # was just stolen, so my parents are paranoid about anything having to do w/paypal or creditcards.
I'll try :tongue:

You don't need to. I understand where your parents are coming from, the internet is a pretty dangerous place. I'm assuming anyone who donates has understood the responsibility of a secure computer with updated anti-virus protection, and if they are under 18, have gotten parent permission.

By the way, if there are any donations via PayPal button before 5pm on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays they will have to wait 10 to 13 hours before I can change their account manually. Reason being that I work and can only access my email at home. Ren does not have the power to do this.

"You can't stop the signal, Mal. Everything goes somewhere, and I go everywhere."

"And two, you dropped $150,000 on a fucking education you could have gotten for $1.50 in late charges at the public library."
"Yeah, but I will have a degree, and you'll be serving my kids fries at a drive-thru on our way to a skiing trip."
"Maybe. But at least I won't be unoriginal."

Facebook | Twitter | Website | Blog | LinkedIn | deviantART | Diigo
zeaZA.png sCSH7.png WSi59.png

#17 5h4d0w

5h4d0w

Super Mech

• Donor
  • 118 posts
  • Jagex Name:Lord_Sturm

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:18 AM

I only donated 9 US (6.3 Pounds) because my flatmates owe me over 300 pounds in total, when I get the money I will donate more ;-D
We all live in the shadows

Posted Image

^^^^^^^^^^^^ Work in progress, I made it 4 years ago and never finished, just found it ;-D

#18 Edd

Edd

Forever missed <3

• SDC Member++++
  • 1,083 posts
  • Jagex Name:il ed il

Posted 02 April 2009 - 02:04 PM

I only donated 9 US (6.3 Pounds) because my flatmates owe me over 300 pounds in total, when I get the money I will donate more ;-D

Thankyou so much for you're donation. Every little helps :)

Posted Image
R.I.P Forever missed 1968 - 2009 <3 :(

#19 maddog1000

maddog1000

Alpha Centauri

• SDC Member+++
  • 636 posts
  • Jagex Name:Valor of AC

Posted 04 April 2009 - 01:54 PM

Good idea... sadly i can't donate right now because i don't have very much $ :sad:

Edited by maddog1000, 04 April 2009 - 01:55 PM.

don't click this link...
Posted Image
ALPHA CENTAURITalk to ME (maddog1000), DRACUL, or ATERAN!

#20 Sraksso

Sraksso

It can't be...

• SDC Member+++
  • 252 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:48 PM

I've been waiting for this for a quite a long time, and now when it finally comes... my PayPal has a negative balance. Come on...

I promise to donate as soon as possible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users